View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I still miss my maxed-out 2013 11" Macbook Air, now almost three years since I gifted it to a sibling. The 13" 2017 Macbook Pro that I replaced it with never had the same feel as the old Air, even before the butterfly keyboard went flaky.

My new 16" 2019 Macbook Pro with 8 cores of Intel i9 CPU goodness is certainly a beast, and doesn't have butterfly key mechanisms. It is a step in the wrong direction for carrying on road trips, where nothing can beat the 11" Air.

Anyway, with Apple dumping Intel CPU chips after the current generation in favor of their own ARM-based CPU chips...and given how many years their computers are loved by their users compared with Windows hardware, I am of the thought that picking up an i9 Macbook Pro loaded up to last 5-10 years might be a good plan. I suspect that Apple's ARM plans will have a lot of speed bumps in the first few years, and it could actually cause the used market for Intel-based Macbooks to climb above their original retail prices. When I picked up this 16" MBP back in the spring, I did so thinking that it may be the last notebook computer that I ever own.....