View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 02:38 PM   #1
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Smart Watches

I realize this will probably be a dark topic amongst the serious real watches in this forum, but they are still watches, right?

I've been considering a smart watch for a variety of reasons, but I'm really not interested in the shape of the Apple. I much prefer a round watch. I really like the look of the Garmin Fenix line.

That said, I have an iPhone (and probably always will as long as I continue to work at my company - iPhones are mandatory for our software uses), so would I be locked into using an Apple Watch? If no, what other options are on the table?

For me, my phone is typically in my pocket, and I find my hands are preoccupied more than not. I can see the benefit of glancing down at my watch to see who is calling or texting to determine if I need to stop what I'm doing and answer. Sounds very 21st century, and believe me, I'm against this type of stuff. But if it can be beneficial and make me more efficient, why not?

Further, my hobbies generally include outside. Camping, hiking, "overlanding" as it's called now, cycling and mountain biking... The Garmin looks to be in tune with a lot of my stuff, but I'm concerned that it won't fully work with Apple (seems to be geared towards Android?).

So what's everyone using out there? What do you like, what don't you like?
Appreciate 0