12-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
sound blahblahblah, it'll still sell like hotcakes. it's a faster more responsive car, isn't that more important than sound alone...
And that's the problem. It will of course sell (even all the polls I have seen say people prefer the old 991.1) because it's the new Carrera. It can do everything better. It's the perfect commuter car. Perfect car to sit in traffic anywhere around the world. Perfect car to drive up a nice canyon road on a weekend. The perfect car to buy your wife who doesn't even know what these weird flappy thingys behind the wheel are... But of course, sound is not EVERYTHING (but to me it's 80% lol).

Another thing is that so many people lease cars nowadays, so they have to get the new one no matter what.

Sorry to say, but if you think a faster car is a better car!? then you are not in the "enthusiast" category, at least in my opinion. I have driven so many cars in my young life and I can tell you, speed isn't worth much when it comes to driving pleasure and fun. At least not to me. I have accelerated many times in 2.8 seconds to 60 mph, however, a GT3 that takes .7 longer is much more fun than any of these 2.8 second cars I have been in.

Besides, what do you mean it is more responsive? Because it isn't. It's turbo charged, so it's definitely less responsive than a N/A engine. Maybe you mean that low end torque and that acceleration from down under?

I mean honestly, everybody is entitled to their opinion, I can just speak for myself after growing up with so many fast test cars, and having had the chance to drive so many fast cars myself, to me, just acceleration doesn't mean much. I rather drive a E90 M3 with a nice N/A V8 than a turbo Carrera S... no doubt about it. But again, that's MY OPINION.

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 1