12-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #21
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
I agree with your argument and appreciate you taking the time to respond. I gave up because it's obvious from all his videos that he's very biased and all he blabs about is sound and NA engines.....to me sound is important, yes, but so is performance. These cars are made for performance and that is what the new vehicles bring, better performance.
Every new model in this new generation is a better performance vehicle in every metric than the previous model, Fact. The "only" complaint is sound...

I used to like his videos, now I don't even bother watching because if it's a vehicle that has a FI, I know what I'm doing to get....stedfast and stubborn resistance to accept the new era we are moving toward....and no matter how good the vehicle, it will likely suck solely based on it's exhaust note.

Fair feedback, but I never ever once said it sucked A new car should bring more driving pleasure. The cars performance is so irrelevant to me, because cars are already so fast and have more performance than 90% of the owners will actually ever use. I don't believe there is more than 3% of owners who drive cars as hard as I do here in Germany. I push the cars extremely hard for the time I drive them. So my standpoint might be a different one, but that's my point of view of things and I find it rather sad that people settle for a less sensational driving experience nowadays only because the car is quicker.

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 0