07-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #358
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
This! Everyone that can afford one, will have one. The streets will be over run with these. Case in point - see the guy in the Hawaiian shirt and the guy with the "wife-beater"/tank top in the first pic. This is the classification of individuals you will now be associated with. Beautiful car and "spec"tacular....but when everyone can have one, everyone will have one. Good on GM for being able to pull this off, but releasing cars like this, at an affordable price point, is going to hurt the market overall I think.

I've seen too many drug/kingpin type movies to know that when you release an amazing product at a cheap price point, you end up with a target on your back. I don't foresee this lasting very long. There will either be catastrophic issues....or....I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and this will become the new standard. In my opinion, the safe bet is sit back, take notes and see how this plays out before jumping in.
LOL. What would you be saying if the base price was $110K... "GM is overcharging for this POS"

Are the streets overrun with C7's? I don't see that many in my neck of the woods. I see more Caymans then 'Vettes.
Appreciate 0