07-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #373
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Guess being a business they are concerned more about fitting the ‘norm’ and keeping a a lower center of gravity and other dimensions down.
If you were even thinking about buying one, look on the bright side, you can do a “Gurney Bubble”.
https://www.healthline.com/health/av...height-for-men
No offense, but the 'norm' for a 59-year-old median male buyer is substantially larger than the 'norm' for the median run-of-the-mill male car buyer. I'm not buying that for a second -- especially with a mid-engine chassis, in which leg room is essentially at the discretion of the designers.

One of Chevy's original packaging goals for the 'vette was to design a car befitting (pun intended) U.S. astronauts: Bigger, muscular, and often tall military types. Guess that's no longer the case ...

... as for the bubble: if I had the driving talent (and funds) of Dan Gurney, sure: I'd have interiors customized for my stature. I don't, and most everybody else doesn't, either. I get that joke thrown my way all the time; it doesn't make the fact that I can't drive more than half the cars made for more than a few minutes at a time any easier to digest.

I just think it's uproarious that, when just about everything on a car gets larger with a new model introduction, interior space seems to get smaller more often than not. On a car such as this, that really makes absolutely zero sense to me from every conceivable standpoint.
Appreciate 0