View Single Post
      04-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
Fzara2000
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

A couple things. -

1) We are talking sales here. I wonder what the profit per model was compared to prior periods in order to assess profitability. I'll guarantee you profitability is declining for certain models, especially due to sweeter lease deals on models approaching the end of their life cycle (such as the X5)

2) While the 328 and 335 are seeing large price increases, this is due to more options which are available which appears to be driving up costs. Additionally, development / part costs are seeing increases due to inflation. In these circumstances, BMW will have it's biggest advantage by manipulating lease prices. Still, I don't think we will see an explosion of sales for the F30 due to mediocre lease deals as the result of dealers which are still trying to get rid of their 2011 inventory.

3) In regards to the F30, BMW really needs to reevaluate the available options on their cars in order to avoid unwanted inventory nightmares for its dealers. 328's without xenon lights, really? And three different lines compounded by a bunch of options for those lines.