View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 09:13 PM   #63
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Acura RDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory-2 View Post
Does the new car warranty transfer over on a year old car? Always believed you should buy what you really want but on a used car that can be hard to find.

Is going with an 8ZF worth the $10K you will gain against a '25 6MT @ MSRP?

Personally, I would do it as I believe the 8ZF is a better fit in the Z4 M40i.
Yup, remainder of factory 4yr warranty, along with the 3yr included maintenance all transfers. In this case, it extends it an additional year under the CPO too. In-service date was 09-28-23, so basically it’s virtually a ‘new’ car, with an additional ~6 months/unl mileage warranty on top of given the current month. I’m truly surprised they CPOd it all things given, especially for being priced so well versus what’s out there.

Certainly makes for a tough choice. It’s White Ext/Blk Vernasca Int, (not my top pick, but I’m a fan of white, have had white cars/SUVs for ages, so, meh)…. I’m going to sleep on it. A perk is hubby doesn’t need to learn a MT, and that’s a pretty decent savings for a virtually new car. /shrug, lots to think over the next couple of days, but at the moment, I’m leaning towards it, (despite not thinking I would…..but viewing CPOs the past ~9 months, seems like a true winner).
Appreciate 1