View Single Post
      07-08-2020, 09:29 AM   #96
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Hmm to each and their own. I'll gladly defend Toyota because they are good at what they do, although I do think slapping a TRD badge on everything is ridiculous, but I stand by their products.

My current cars are: E36 M3, E92 M3, Z4M Roadster (all of them manuals) and surprise surprise, a 2016 Toyota Tundra Platinum that I bought used. Feel free to call me someone that isn't a car enthusiast

I'm in a very fortunate position where I can own and store all these cars, and prefer to have the right car for the job vs only owning 1 that has to try to be good at everything. Why the Tundra? It's comfy, it has enough towing capacity for my needs and most importantly, it's hilariously reliable. Take a look at the forums and the most you'll see pretty much the only issues are oil leaks from cam towers and some issues with radar cruise control (which mine doesn't have). I did brake and rotors and parts came out to $147.

The truck is a dinosaur. 6 speed auto and gets around 13-14 mpg avg. I don't care. The drivetrain for this thing has not changed since 2007, therefore it's proven. There's a guy that infamously got 1 million miles out of his and only big repair was transmission overhaul after 600k miles. There's one guy on the forums with 500k miles plus and still running original trans and diff fluid. There has got to be said about something as tough as that.

I'll be completely honest. The E36 and Z4M, as much as I enjoy owning them, would be sold before the Tundra if it came down to it. I see absolutely nothing wrong with having something dead reliable alongside with something fun if you have a choice.

P.S. Yes I plan to drive the Tundra until the wheels fall off or if gas becomes $4 per gallon.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25075.00
Humdizzle6040.50