View Single Post
      09-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #12
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
consider the 530e. If you live in Florida and take your kids golfing the car will get very hot while you are playing. With my 530e in similarly hot Arizona, I take my phone out and use the bmw connected app to turn on the AC after the 17th hole. All my friends are getting into hot cars and I am getting into a comfortable car by the time I get to the car.

The 530e runs the AC off the hybrid battery so it doesn't start the car or unlock the car. I have had some weird looks by others getting into their cars alongside mine that sounds like it is running, but of course it isn't.

It will be a tight fit for the golf clubs but I think you can do it. I only wish that BMW would import the 545e as well.
My only comment there would be the size of the boot is a reasonable bit smaller in the 530e than a normal 5 series. Heres a video plus a bit of cringy eyecandy. There is also an X3 30e and X5 45e which might be alternatives but they are getting big and won't handle as nicely as a normal car.

Back to OP - I honestly think a 440i GC or S5 sportback could be a really good option for you, still car handling but you get a bit of extra practicality compared to a normal sedan.