View Single Post
      09-22-2020, 11:03 AM   #24
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

To add to the discussion about DCTs here. In my opinion, DCTs for the most part should never be used in a car that is used as a daily beater. I've had my fair share of issues with my DCT equipped 135i. Took 3 years to sort the problems out and even now, I find myself having to occasionally reset the adaptations to get the trans to behave properly at low speeds/stop and go. I'm not the only one that has had problems with DCT equipped 135i's.

Also other manufacturers have had issues with DCTs. Ask the owners of Ford Focus' about their DCTs or what appears to be a growing issue with Kia Soul GTs with DCTs. I have a friend who has a brand new Soul that had to have her DCT trans replaced at 8k miles.

And for the record, I would have purchased my 135i with a manual but at the time I was in the market, I wanted to buy new and there was no more inventory. I bought when production of new 135i's had stopped. So no ordering and inventory was sparse for a black 135i. Not only do I enjoy driving manuals but I didn't want to deal with the added complexity/repair costs of an auto.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11329.50