09-22-2020, 01:21 PM   #35
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4 F83 View Post
my life-long passion for the third pedal sure isn't diminishing.

Before I picked up my F83, I really wanted a GT-R and also considered the new Supra but ultimately decided that I couldn't go without a manual transmission. No regrets.

Oh and i love the sound/control of open dual air intakes with a manual transmission
I'm a Toyota fanboy who has wanted a Supra since the MKIV came out when I was a kid. But i'm not buying a toy that thinks it knows how to have fun better than I do. The manual transmission is THE reason i ended up buying an M2.

And yeah, autos are faster. But would you rather drive your car on a racetrack or go several seconds faster around that racetrack from the passenger seat with an instructor driving? Because we're quickly reaching the point where computer intervention is going to make throttle control optional. And steering will be next.

There are already self driving race cars out there, though they're still not faster than a (super talented) human to my knowledge.

Everyone has to draw that line of "okay, now you just made it boring" somewhere. For me, its at that third pedal. For others, it may be elsewhere and that's fine. But in my 38 years on this planet, i've never felt like I needed an auto and hence, i've never owned one.
Appreciate 2
Biginboca3763.50