View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #38
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I enjoy it when they tell you that run flats are "insurance" and then try to sell you the tire replacement package. Yes, so that would be insurance for your insurance.

I just tell them that I'm not medically cleared to drive on runflats because the ride is so harsh it makes me sterile.
Your description of harsh reminded me: I might be the only person who actually saved money because of run flats.

I had a beautiful E39 540 with M-tech package and I decided to test drive the brand new F10 when it first came out. (I skipped the fugly E60). I was pulling out of the lot to start the test drive and it felt like was driving Fred Flintstone's car. I had not even driven that F10 200 feet and I wanted to turn around and hand the keys back to them.

Having driven 5ers for 20 years at that point, I was just stunned how bad it was. Anyway, I kept the E39 for another couple of years and saved a lot of money doing so.

Now, of course, run flat harshness has lessened as the "technology?" improves. But, it's go flats for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0