09-24-2020, 05:47 AM   #41
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
A lot of time it depends on the type of store. Chains that have rules set at a corporate level will often not allow them to repair runflats because of liability issues and the inability to control all of the possible things that the customer might say regardless of whether true or not. The "you can fix a runflat if the customer says "X"" is impossible to enforce, better to just say not to do it. I don't at all believe it is illegal to fix it.

Not too long ago I tried to get 2 different large tire stores to patch my wife's Acura tire and both said they wouldn't as the tires were over 5 years old. I took it to an independent and he recommended we get new tires and then fixed it. Within 3 months we replaced all 4 tires (serious doubts it mattered in our climate) but I didn't want to do it that day and thought the liability should have been on us. It's their store and they are welcome to have whatever rules they want to have.
The tire shop I went to was in the Finger Lakes region and was a GoodYear corporate store. I chose GoodYear because in 2006, when RFT wasn't that popular, I knew GoodYear supplied the RFT tires for the Corvette, so I figured they'd have dealt with RFT.

It simply how you approach the SA so he doesn't figure you for some dumb fuck trying to save a few dollars.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0