09-28-2020, 07:28 AM   #84
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Calif is still ICE centric yet they experience rolling blackouts. How many people do you think they need to loose to other states in order to be able to support an EV centric transportation system.
According to this California's population continues to go up, not down. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...in-california/

Name:  Cal Pop.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  85.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Do you think that that's what people will do? I suspect that many people will plug in when they get home from work, turn up the household AC or heat, cook dinner, do laundry the dishwasher etc. I'm not sure how putting potentially millions of EV's onto the grid will stabilize it. Years ago Toronto Hydro released a statement that said if 10% of the cars in the city were EV the grid wouldn't be able to support the loads. I could be wrong but I think human nature will be what it is.
Power demand also drops off early evening. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out a way to schedule the recharges when peak goes off.

Name:  peak.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  51.7 KB