View Single Post
      07-30-2023, 04:23 PM   #2
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Good point. I can't speak for others but suspect some are only interested in protecting the front end at a cost significantly less than $5500-$6500.

Personally, though I love the frozen paint schemes, I'd never buy a car in a frozen color because of the special care (and repair) requirements.

Also, I'm one of the few who do not care for PPF, didn't have a good experience with it (XPEL) on a previous vehicle.

That said, I'd certainly consider stealth/matte PPF as an alternative if I was a PPF fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Because we want to protect our paint finish many of us have put PPF on our Z4's, so my question is why would you order Frozen Grey ll metallic and then have a stealth/ matte PPF installed when you could order Skyscraper Grey, put a PPF product like Xpel's Stealth or Ceramic Pro's Matte PPF on your car and for far less money achieve a similar frozen grey paint effect and still have the protection of PPF?

Frozen Grey II metallic - $3600
Skyscraper Grey metallic - $650
Allover Xpel Stealth PPF, Ceramic Pro Matte PPF - $5,500 - $6,500 (depending on your geographic area)

Why not protect your car with PPF, still have a great frozen grey look and also save about $3,000?
Appreciate 1