View Single Post
      01-10-2020, 08:03 AM   #170
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSecretan View Post
Thanks for your further investigations! I've also come to the conclusion that it's more likely to be something around the windshield frame rather than the roof itself.

I also find that the trim around the windshield frame clicks and sqeaks when I put pressure on it, and it would well be that this is where the noise is coming from - but I'm now thinking it could actually be the hinge on the cover over the SOS button. When I open it and then give it a bit of a jiggle it makes some amount of creaking noise. The hinge seems to be a particularly plasticky part - it wouldn't surprise me if it was the culprit. It's the only part in this area which has any obvious movement or noise coming from it.

The car's going in on Monday to resolve the door card and the roof noise - and also to investigate a new problem I've had where the maps are randomly dissapearing in my instrument cluster. Will report back!
I'd be interested to know how you get on. I'm also getting the creaky noise which I'm sure is moving plastic - possibly where the SOS button is or somewhere close.

Yesterday I gave the rubber seal at the top of the windscreen a good clean and that seems to have improved things a lot. I've found with other convertibles that dust on the seals leads to things moving around and that can cause all sorts of rattles and creaks.
Appreciate 0