View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #173
kj57
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Picked a M-sport 30i about a month ago, read through this thread and after 1200 miles only issue I have is the wipers skipping unless its pouring rain (seems to be getting better) and a few creaks/pops from the top. Dealer put new wipers on after I had it week, didnt help.

To be fair the '16 F-type convertible I traded in on this was horrible for squeaks/rattles and buzzing noises since it was new from the top and various weatherstrips rubbing. Got used to it though, the Z4 isnt as bad new but I have had several convertibles over the years, US made and import, and they all had their share of noises. Price you pay for dropping the top I guess..

Mine was built 4/19, sat at the dealer since June so I was able to get a decent deal on it. Was surprised to read here about carplay/bluetooth issues. I have an iphone 11 on the newest ios and I am really surprised how well it has worked. I am not a huge fan of carplay but I didnt know that if you dont get the wireless charging (non EBT) you cant do texts or siri from the steering wheel buttons with bluetooth. But so far so good on the carplay.

Only other complaint I have so far is if you just open the door and close it the radio will stay on for around 45 minutes, seems like a long time.. Also about 50% of the time when I park, shut off the engine and open the door the radio does not shut off (shut car down when opening door is checked) unless you lock it or hold down the radio power button. I havent figured out why it shuts off sometimes when I open the door and sometimes not.

Happy with the car overall, took a while to figure out the NAV and there are a LOT of option/settings screens. The F-type was pretty much trouble free, except for a turn signal switch and horrible brake dust for 4 years and 40K miles, hopefully this one will hold up as well.
Appreciate 1
DocWho85.00