11-23-2021, 10:37 AM   #38
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Please don’t take this the wrong way as I give you my word of honor I do not mean it as an insult. For you to have said the things you said in this post there’s absolutely no way in the world you grew up in America. And if you did then you were extremely isolated. Americans will never give up their cars. Ever. Not this generation anyway. Perhaps 100 years from now I don’t know but certainly not now. Not without a fight anyway. I get that you believe what you believe but you absolutely don’t have any clue about the American psyche. If you did you most certainly wouldn’t hold the opinion you have.

Now let’s address what you wrote. In order for you to have that opinion you must firmly believe in global warming and that we are all going to die if we don’t do the things you stated. I would like to know from you or anyone else how we are going to get charging stations built all throughout the entire United States to the capacity that can handle cars pulling up to them and staying there for an hour at a time. Please lay out your plan and timeline for that. Because without that then my prediction of cars running out of juice stranded on the side of the road will absolutely come true.
No offense taken, but you are making several wrong assumptions.

1. I am born and raised in america, red blooded meat eating, gun toting american.
2. Just cause I see this doesnt mean I like it.
3. EVs are not environmentally friendly. Slave labor mined rare earth elements, fossil fueled electric generation
4. I dont believe in global warming, its a scam to control industrial output and drive down all labor costs to the lowest common denometer.

I am petrochemical addict, and would not voluntarily submit to this, however consider the impact of spark plugs becoming regulated, or priced out of reach, or some other very elemental part of an ICE becoming unobtainable. Thats how this will be implemented.. Global _Fill_in_the_blank shortage/rationing special approval needed...
Cos270608.50
Patton2502939.50