View Single Post
      08-20-2020, 06:12 PM   #5
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
@rebekahb We hiked the popular spots: Zion, Bryce, Arches and Canyonlands. My favorite was Zion National Park, because of the color and scenery. Arches is second favorite because of the classic arches that you see in postcard photos. Third is Bryce and last is Canyonlands.

I would visit Zion again, the others I would not, only because we travel relatively often and prefer to visit places we have not seen before.

Arches, Bryce and Canyonlands are dry and a little desert-ish, especially Canyonlands. Zion is a bit more lush and green. We are easterners so green is a normal/expected color for us. A completely brown or red dry landscape is something that easterners comment on when visiting western states. Compare Arizona or Nevada to Pennsylvania, for example.

We visited all of the above places in late July, it was warm. If you can visit them in late August or early September, it would be more pleasant depending a temperature point of view.

We also did a Hummer/Jeep tour in Moab. That was OK. Not really my “thing” but nice to check off the sightseeing list.
Thanks so much for the response and information. I hope we can make it out there. We're trying to decide between that & USVI. Polar opposite, I know.
Appreciate 1
chassis6373.50