Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Hi, does anyone know if there's anyway to bulk transfer all of my stored passwords from Safari, to Google Chrome without having to individually copy and paste each one?

I'm in the process of transitioning over to GC for good.

Thanks,
Jordan
Jordan there was an easy import method sometime ago; one could import a .csv from safari like how we can do it from Chrome. However that is no longer possible. Importing into and out of keychain is a bloody mess.

In fact it was such a mess that I gave up. I have 400 passwords/username combos.

Also the problem with Chrome is that even if you get your passwords in Chrome, you can't pull them up easily if you are trying to use them in an app. It is a hassle going to and fro with Chrome and some app, especially on mobile.

Some user suggested 1password. There are many services like that but I don't trust them... the only one I trust is BitWarden. It provides easy access across platforms like windows/iOS/macOS/android and any browser you use.

With BitWarden you can choose to use their cloud service if you like and/or just keep all your passwords in the app locally on your device(s). It has been independently audited by security nerds and is the only one recommended on hyper paranoid forums. Super useful. I won't recommend storing things in Safari or Keychain or Chrome as you won't be able to go between different platforms.
Hey thanks for the response, but I decided to just pour a cup of coffee and knock out each password transfer individually. It was time for a reset anyway as I like to reset them all every 90 days or so just for the peace of mind.

Also, I checked out your recommended password keeper and although it looks secure, I enjoy the Mac auto fill fingerprint scanner too much and Chrome's is pretty nice as well.

What I'm going to do is just use both browsers, I use Safari for all my personal stuff and then chrome for random things, like searching Bimmerpost. I still like that I can access Safari passwords in iPhone settings.

Jordan
Appreciate 1
BimBimM21483.00