08-06-2020, 10:30 AM   #645
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Thank you -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Enough about my M my friend,tell me more about your Z,you got the standard brakes on it? What exactly are the ZHP control arms, do they go in conjunction with the stiffer springs and Bilsteins...
Greetings my friend -
My Z4M has OEM brakes; the front rotors are just under 13 inches in diameter and it stops very well! You can see the small "pins" between the rotor and cast aluminum hub which allows the rotors to "float" under thermal growth and stay aligned with the caliper. I still have the OEM brake pads and I'm at 68K miles!

When I upgraded the suspension in early 2017, I replaced the OEM with Bilstein shocks and struts, Eibach Pro-Kit performance springs which lowered the rear by .5 inches and the front by .8 inches. The OEM control arms were replaced with BMW ZHP control arms that have a much stronger, stiffer socket and are considered a performance upgrade.

These suspension upgrades radically transformed my little Z4M into a freaking race go-kart....it is stiff with zero body roll and corners FLAT....I love these upgrades. During the suspension upgrade, I refreshed all other items related to the struts and shocks as well.

The other significant upgrades are the Rogue Engineering Diablo exhaust mufflers, the RPI cold air intake scoop and the OZ Ultraleggera rims which combined, removed 50 lbs of unsprung weight, aiding in significant cornering and handling improvement and initial turn-in making it incredibly responsive.
Name:  Red Roadster Wheel Hub Cleaning After.jpg
Views: 6354
Size:  664.2 KB

Last edited by racerbruce; 08-19-2020 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 1