CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Off work today so I decided that it was time to dethatch the yard. First time using this tow behind 42" Brinly Dethatcher I picked up last year. Assembly was pretty easy. Only took me 30 minutes

After a few passes

And here's my AgriFab 52" Lawn Sweeper. Love this thing! Very useful in the Fall time to pick up all the leaves. This is also great to use to pick up all the thatch vs raking it up by hand especially with a 1/2 acre. It literally took me and my boys last year from morning till the evening to do what we did this afternoon in about 1.5 hours. After everything was done I had about 10 bags of thatch. That just shows how important it is to dethatch your lawn. Helps let the lawn breath and allow water, fertilizer and nutrients to feed the grass as well as amend the soil

Great post. How do you know when it's time to thatch? I have done just a little area (5x5') in my back yard in the past and got a good amount of 'thatch' and I did it with just a rake.

I'm thinking I need to do my yard because the grass is a little thin in spots. When I do a "pull test", some grass comes up as well. The 'thin' sports aren't real noticeable from more than 3-4' away, but if you get down on your knee and part the grass with your hands, you can tell it's quite thin in certain areas. It almost seems like water and nutrients may not be soaking down to the root as well as it should be and just kind of stagnating on top of the soil thus the reason some grass pulls out when I do a pull test.

Almost indicating the roots could be shallow or something. Need all those nutrients to get down deep!!!

This is my first season more involved with the yard so I have a lot to learn, but have already learned quite a bit from this thread and the lawn care nut and other videos on YouTube.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 1