View Single Post
      12-19-2007, 12:19 AM   #122
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
So to end this post, all i wanted to point out is that there is no reason that science and faith are mutually exclusive. There is no reason that a person of spiritual faith is foolish and does not use science, logic and reason to believe what they believe because men of pure science use just as much faith into their data and observations. In essence, you're not better than me, and i'm not better than you.
It's clear that many highly intelligent people are Christians.

Belief in magic and gods has been around since the evolution of homo sapiens, 250,000 years ago. That's only 2500 centuries, a drop in the bucket compared with the age of the earth (formed 4,500,000,000 years ago). Oldest life forms appeared ~4,000,000,000 years ago (that's counting to a million 4,000 times BTW).

The knowledge that there is no such thing as god is a hard pill to swallow, even for the brightest.

It will be another million years (or longer) before everyone realizes that belief in god = belief in magic.

Also, anyone realize how big the universe is? I need to go look up those ASTOUNDING numbers again...