View Single Post
      12-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #123
M0011
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Originally Posted by its ray den
So to end this post, all i wanted to point out is that there is no reason that science and faith are mutually exclusive. There is no reason that a person of spiritual faith is foolish and does not use science, logic and reason to believe what they believe because men of pure science use just as much faith into their data and observations. In essence, you're not better than me, and i'm not better than you.

I think that science and religion are ABSOLUTELY MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. I also acknowledge that both can find home in a human being. 7% of US Academy of Science members are religious. This is an astounding fact. It proves that education will NOT nullify religious need in a human being.
But all these scientists will NOT debate biblical claims, because they know better. They know what faith is. Blind and private belief in supernatural without evidence.

All that being said, if religious claims are scrutinized by applying scientific methods, religion can't sustain existence.

I think it is best for the religious to simply say: I will NOT debate or reason you non-believers. I believe without proof. End of story.