Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Originally Posted by its ray den
So to end this post, all i wanted to point out is that there is no reason that science and faith are mutually exclusive. There is no reason that a person of spiritual faith is foolish and does not use science, logic and reason to believe what they believe because men of pure science use just as much faith into their data and observations. In essence, you're not better than me, and i'm not better than you.

I think that science and religion are ABSOLUTELY MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. I also acknowledge that both can find home in a human being. 7% of US Academy of Science members are religious. This is an astounding fact. It proves that education will NOT nullify religious need in a human being.
But all these scientists will NOT debate biblical claims, because they know better. They know what faith is. Blind and private belief in supernatural without evidence.

All that being said, if religious claims are scrutinized by applying scientific methods, religion can't sustain existence.

I think it is best for the religious to simply say: I will NOT debate or reason you non-believers. I believe without proof. End of story.
The faithful have all the proof they need. Even you as a scientifically minded person accept much that is not proven to you... or you wouldn't believe much of anything at all. You rely on faith in science. You do not require proof for your belief system. Many have had proof in matters relating to God, yet not scientific proof. That is a different realm. No proof of God is adequate for an atheist.

You could be right that it is better for Christians to simply say: I will NOT debate or reason with atheists. But that would be leaving the lost to burn in hell. Sometimes we try to help those who are in need even when they don't want help.