Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Six rounds doesn't seem sufficient to me. Even the current ten rounds max NJ limits us to isn't sufficient... and the police obviously agree. That's why they're exempt from this limitation.
Well the problem is 90++% of folks that carry concealed are not trained to dispense many rounds and to need to do that your shooting skills suck or you are involved with multiple shooters.

If you are concerned get training.

The reason cops need that much firepower is bc they are likely to be confronting an active shooter and then rush in where foks like me "should" be running the other way. I get weary of the Wyatt Earps (not you) bemoaning the need to carry 17 round mags. Hey carry extra mags. Takes under 2 seconds to drop a mag, insert another and fire some more.
First, my shotgun doesn't use magazines. While I'm really adept at speed loading my Benelli, not everyone is.

The "if you're worried, then get more training" really is a dick attitude. As someone who's trained and skilled, you know that most people aren't. Do we really need to make it more difficult for average people to protect themselves? We should be making it easier for honest people to defend themselves. That's why AR-pattern rifles are so popular; they're easy to use effectively.

Why not just make it two round maximum? Every double tap requires reloading. Perhaps ban firearms all together and demand people get trained in hand-to-hand combat if they want to protect themselves!

Besides, now I have to grab extra ammunition as I clear my house in the middle of the night? 🙄 For what purpose? I did nothing wrong.

About accuracy... I agree most people aren't very accurate. This is an argument FOR higher capacity firearms, not against.