View Single Post
      10-27-2020, 07:57 AM   #148
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Another super small e9 update. We decided on a doing a retro sound radio. It will look like an old radio when its off but still have bluetooth and hands free. I wanted to do an old Blaupunkt or Becker but it would just be am/fm and triple the price for one that may or may not work. This is the radio we are going with.

image by Nick Wood, on Flickr

All the knob options looked off so I raided my BMW parts stash and found some spare 2002 knobs that I will modify to work.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

Speaking of the interior, we cleaned up the center console and installed a new shift boot. The metal strips were pretty rough so this is actually a brushed alum wrap until we come across a clean console. Or we may just stick with this, it looks fine to me.

The door handles had some pitting in the chrome so we sourced some in better shape and installed them. We also got a set of locks, ignition switch and keys. The key we had would not lock the trunk and one of the doors.

There was a little bit of damage done to the paint during the lock install on the passenger door. I am going to try to touch it up but worse case we might have the door resprayed.

Lastly, the battery tray was cleaned and painted.

Up next will be the hood install. I have a few friends coming over this weekend to hopefully help. Then its going up on the lift. The trans is still a little whiny so we are going to pull it an look it over. After that will be installing the carpets, interior and buttoning stuff up. I hope to be able to drive it by the end of the year but if not, it wont be too much longer.
Appreciate 5
happyjack1657.00
Jas387200.50
chassis6528.00
wdb4718.00
DrFerry6728.50