View Single Post
      10-10-2019, 06:33 PM   #57
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
Meh... ugly car can sell well. Just look at Teslas. We have a giant Asprin, Platypus, Aztek with gullwings. They are doing just fine.
Wow! You just described the entire tesla lineup. Platypus! I knew the model 3 looked like an animal, I just couldn't figure out which one. You nailed it!

Also, I didn't realize how much the X looked like an Aztek! Though I think the body panel alignment on the Aztek is significantly better than that on the Model X.

Speaking of Pontiacs, it looks like the design of the 4 series grill was inspired by a 1970 Pontiac Bonneville!

While I am not a huge fan of the new look, I agree that something different was needed. I am not a fan of the F30 styling and much prefer the E90, however I do like the G20 sedan despite it being slightly too similar to a Lexus/Infiniti.

BMW/Audi/MB always had 'edgy' designs, which ended up getting copied by other automakers. It seems BMW is the one copying now, with the lines and the giant grill trend. I wouldn't give up hope, that Bangle 7 series got cleaned up nicely into a clean elegant design when it was refreshed.
Appreciate 0