10-23-2007, 12:34 AM   #68
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaneer View Post
Thanks!

Unfortunately no, which kinda sucks. In this day and age and with YouTube (yea it's owned by Google, not Microsoft so there goes that integration idea) and what not, you'd think that Bungie would've easily allowed us to convert our vids to an .avi or .mpg and copy it over via the Media Center but no, it's just a data file they use with the game engine to recreate the whole thing.

In short you'd need a video capture card to hook up your xbox and pc to record the playback off your xbox. Here's a decent starting guide that was written for Halo 2 but pretty much applies to anything you capture: http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/lordgideon_video/
its a shame how they havent integrated such a feature
i made lame attempt to make a halo 3 beta montage i bought a capture card (forgot which one dazzle 150 or something) but it didnt really work with vista so i wound up bringing my 360 hard drive to a friends house and recording each saved video to his sony vaio then putting those files onto thumb drives then bringing them back home and editing them i wish there was a good capture card for vista
Appreciate 0