Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
Yeah exactly. 64k for a z4m40i lol that's M2C with a little seed money or a lightly used m3/4.

And that's assuming you can option rwd on it I'm assuming you can't which makes it far from a roaster imo. Just a less practical, more expensive M440i.
It will be interesting to see how this fares in the market. Both the 30i and M40i are priced quite below the 718 and 718 S, respectively. But will it matter? BMW die hards may still opt for the ///M2, and those who've always wanted a Boxster may still get that.

Aside from a slightly more luxurious interior, MSRP (and better lease offers), and 6-cyl I can't think of many advantages the Z4 offers. Hopefully that will be enough.
I agree. And why would anyone compare this to boxer? Aren't they different cars/markets?

Anyway I m glad BMW has raised their prices so much across their new models, it should help with resale of the now used cars. As for me, I am carefully looking at the next m4 as my last ditch to switch car brands....