View Single Post
      10-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #18
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
I returned the bag to the woman, it WAS children's sneakers, I told her here is you fucking �� I risked major injury because of your rape assault scream
What is of little/no value to you can be really valuable to others (well, imagine a child missing a birthday gift because of that incident). You saw there was no rape assault, didn't you? You should evaluate your own risks. You could step (or even run ) back when you saw the cutter. It was your pride in the way, wasn't it? So why did you blame the woman? It was your failure to do it safely. But your pride was against admitting that.

And by the way, I wouldn't check the bag.

Regarding the evaluation of the situation. It's really important to do it rather than just step in: you can not only take an "excess" risk (to regret or blame whoever if that makes you feel any better ), you can take the wrong side (which is far worse). Of course, when things happen quickly you have no time to investigate and contemplate, but when you can you'd better do, I suppose.

Quote:
she should've not fought back when the crack head grabbed the bag, she should've said don't go after him it's just sneakers
She could have a pride, like you , but a different one. Some people hate being mistreated. I still remember a classmate taking away from me an apple my mother had given me to eat at school. It was a nice one, undoubtedly tasty, but what was really important to me was the humiliation. He was bigger and stronger, I did not believe I could fight back to gain anything but some physical damage as well. So I did not. But I do understand and respect those who act differently. After all, you never really know before you try. That woman succeeded in keeping her property.

Quote:
I tell my kids if robbed just take off what they want do not roll around and fight for objects your safety is most important
I had two guys trying to rob me once. I just ran away. It could be a smart move, widely suggested, but I don't think I will again. It's not that I'm ashamed or something, it just didn't feel comfortable. There are important things like having your life the way you want, not just any way. It's also important to let those scumbags realize they shouldn't. But there's a cost. If you can take it, you should, perhaps.
Appreciate 0