View Single Post
      05-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Moving to Colorado from Dallas, opinions?

I've lived in Dallas area all my life and I'm ready to see something new, I've narrowed my choice down to somewhere in Colorado. I'm still caught between Boulder, Denver, Ft Collins, and Greeley. I prefer a more active college town so I was leaning towards Boulder or maybe even Ft Collins, but I've also heard Denver is great, and I know some people in Greeley. Any reason to consider Colorado springs? Seems a little too far from the metro for me. I'd also like to get rid of my car and rely solely on public transportation and my bike, at least for awhile to save some more money.

I've heard some say that Boulder is too "progressive-liberal-hippy-douche", but I've lived in or around Denton for quite awhile so I don't think it would bother me. I also like how close it is to the mountains. I do think the pub scene in Ft Collins would be nice, but seems like it might be boring at times. I've been to CO tons of times so I know I love it, I just don't know where I want to end up. I'm going to check it out for myself soon, but wanted some advice anyway.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0