View Single Post
      11-08-2023, 09:35 PM   #14
spammysammich
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Nobody I know with Hakkas has anything bad to say about them, especially coming from the Subaru community. Personally I've run Blizzak WS70, Hankook Ice bear W300, Conti Viking Contact 7. All 3 lasted multiple seasons but i mangled my Blizzaks by running them too long into the warmer months and only got 3 winters out of them. Hankooks were a very nice surprise for the money, I didn't expect them to last as long as they did but I think they are not as soft a compound as the others. They were by far the loudest and squirmiest especially on concrete, made me sound like i was pulling heroic moves in the car park when I was just driving slowly around turns. The Conti's are my current winters and the Viking Contacts are just under the Blizzaks in terms of secure handling and cost me a bit less. Discount tire did mount two of them backwards though which is kind of important for evacuating slush and rain from the treads.

Sure-footedness under braking and accelerating Blizzak/Conti/hankook. Scrambling up an icy driveway I can only comment on the Blizzaks and Hankooks; Blizzaks by far; the harder compound of the ice bears allowed for a lot more slip. When the Contis wear out or age out I'm going for Hakkas or X-Ice to mix things up.
Appreciate 1