United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xic '11.0 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
can you give an example of that in F1?
So a deliberate crash not for a rank?

Verstappen has no real in-team fighting I believe? If RBR wants Verstappen to drive differently, I'm sure they'll tell him. I'm also sure that they'll tell him not to listen to the competition but to listen to them (in case they have to tell him that which I doubt)

So a bit like a boxer asking/telling an opponent not to hit that hard where it really hurts? I think there's a referee to decide if it was an illegal punch or not....

So basically you're either saying the FIA is corrupt and favouring VES or they're not paying attention and dont know their business?
You know the FIA boss is Jean Todt? I think he know a bit or 2 of F1 racing....let him handle how the FIA should be acting and penalizing.
Sorry to say but I have more confidence in his expertise than in the expertise of 'some guy' on 'some forum'.

I dont see any similarities between driving on the highway and racing at the absolute highest level in the world. REally, no similarities at all.

Most of the critics that I've seen (and are of some importance, ie have raced/worked on high level themselves in F1) and are negative about Verstappen have a hidden agenda (or non hidden agenda). Pretty Obvious someone working for example for Mercedes or Ferrari being negative about one of the greatest threats to come.... If they can blame the competition, they will.
As for blocking passes at high speeds, that was very normal in the heydays of F1. Senna was a master at that. One of the hardest drivers to pass, balancing on the line of what was and wasn't allowed.
But maybe verstappen's driving style is a result of his opinion. last year he said that he thinks the current penalty system (the 2014 system) where drivers can get penalty points (resulting in driving bans) is not good for F1 resulting in drivers taking less riscs and giving less spectacular driving for the fans (he was the one driver with most overtaking actions and given most penalty points).
His opinion is that there should be spectacular and legendaric races. And it's no secret that F1 is not as spectacular anymore as in its heydays (70's/80's and 90's imho). Maybe he tries to get that back. Sure he'll make a lot of enemies that way, including all people who dont see the glorydays of F1, but I think it's not a bad opinion. I lust for those days.

I used to be quite the avid boxing fan. Ref's have had careers ruined by bad calls. Defined by their mis-actions. Look up Chaves v Taylor. Should have either called the fight earlier, or let it go.

Boxing is not exactly an uncorrupted sport.

Not some guy on a forum. Every driver not on RBR thinks he's in the wrong.

Senna crashing into Prost is an example of F1 not for rank. Willing to take himself out to hurt another driver's championship shot. The epitome of unprofessional.

It's not worth the effort. You are clearly so pro-VES that you care not for the sport, or safety, but only his standings. Bringing only opinion and refusing to bring any facts.

FYI driving like that landed him P11. Keep that up and might as well just put Kvyat back in his seat.

2011.0 E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP ZTP ZPP Black Wrapped Jerez Black + 2007 E92 328xic 6MT
2007 YZF-R6 + 2001 Honda Shadow ACE
1989 RS Camaro - HO 350, Dynomax headers, flowmaster AT exhaust, 4.56 gears
2015 STI Launch Edition
Appreciate 0