EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post
Perfect.

Love that it's only a "gentle warning" that if he does it again he's getting ejected. lol
Don't be ridiculous. Never gonna happen.
Right behind Lewis, Max is/soon will be the most marketable driver in F1.

By the way, that story is not complete:

"Max Verstappen has been given a "gentle warning" about his driving in the wake of his controversial behaviour in the Belgian Grand Prix.

FIA F1 director Charlie Whiting called in Verstappen for a discussion on Friday ahead of the Italian Grand Prix.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said Whiting had told Verstappen he risked disqualification.

"Charlie was keen to show him a video of Spa. It was a gentle warning," Horner said.
"Like any 18-year-old the criticism [from other drivers] seems to be going in one ear and out the other. He really doesn't care," added Horner.

"We're all here talking about it and it's that spirit he's got that is bringing fans trackside."
The meeting follows a series of aggressive defensive moves by Verstappen this season, which has led to complaints from some drivers - in particular the teenager's late move in defence against Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen at the Belgian Grand Prix.

Horner, speaking to Sky, said Verstappen had been warned he could receive a black and white flag for such behaviour in future.

The black and white flag is shown to a driver who is considered to be guilty of unsportsmanlike behavior.
It is shown only once before the driver then receives a black flag, meaning disqualification if the driver does not change his behaviour.

Whiting's intervention comes after Raikkonen said Verstappen would cause a major accident "sooner or later" if he did not change his approach.

But three-time world champion Jackie Stewart said: "I think he'll come around. He needs a wee talking-to. But that will happen within the team. He's a huge talent."

The drivers were expected to discuss the incident in their briefing with Whiting later on Friday but it was not mentioned - almost certainly because it had been dealt with by Whiting already."

[source: Beeb F1]