View Single Post
      08-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #68
Doug Hoover
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i

Not sure if this has been brought up, here goes.
About 4 years ago I read a book titled "Wheat Belly" written by a Dr. Check out the comments section on Amazon.
I learned that our wheat has been changed by hybridization into a piss ass plant.
It is grown and sprayed with glycosate (Round Up) and it no longer affects the wheat. Then sprayed again right after harvest as it is also a drying agent. So, as the wheat grows in this chemical miasma it takes round up into the plant. Which you eat. Round up in your body does bad stuff in your gut and immune system. Wheat is also engineered to make you hungry. So, we snack more. A grocery store favorite, it creates more sales.
My story starts with reading that book and stopping eating wheat. I lost 30 lbs in 4 months by that alone. I simply stopped overeating at the dinner table and went to bed with out a evening snack, but not hungry. My friend who also read the book threw away his prednisone medicine as his rheumatoid arthritis went away and soon lost 60 lbs.
I lost my irritatible bowel syndrome and have since gone gluten free, all organic and Non GMO. Sometimes it sucks and it's expensive. But at almost 73 I take no meds, no high blood pressure or diabetes. For exercise, I walk the dog and ride a bike 4 miles a day.
So check out what might be killing you slowly by eating food developed to have you crave and pay for more food that may send you to the medical system, big pharma and a host of problems you wonder why you have. Read the book and let what you learn to even better things.
Appreciate 0