GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
I’m not going to get into an argument with you. Performance car or not I don’t agree with you.
This is a discussion forum, and I'm replying to your topic in a thoughtful way, with new ideas, which should encourage a thoughtful reply from you (it didn't) or others.

Your complaint thread prioritizes comfort over performance (I don't hear you complaining about brake fade), despite the fact you decided to buy a performance oriented car, and now you'd like BMW to give you the BMW luxury convertible you didn't decide to buy.

To lay it out more clearly for you:

(1.) Is it reasonable to expect performance oriented cars to have trade-offs of luxury/comfort for performance?

(2.) If yes, should braking be one of those places we could expect those performance-for-luxury trade-offs?

(3.) If yes, are fade-resistant brakes worth the trade off of luxury/comfort in this Z4? If yes, then stop & congrats

(4.) If no, trade for the 2er vert or are you willing to pay more for brakes with high performance and comfort?

(5.) If yes, then aftermarket.

Personally M-performance brakes are a fine trade-off to me, and I can confirm the brakes on my M4 are monsters, and that's my top priority, everything else is gravy. While I'd prefer my brakes not be prone to getting rocks caught, I also understand perfection is impossible and we shouldn't let the perfect be the enemy of the really, really good.

TLDR:
If your complaint of performance brakes is performance, that's reasonable; if your complaint of performance brakes is comfort, that's not reasonable.

And, yes, I do understand you believe perfection is reasonable for the price you've paid.

Last edited by GrussGott; 06-09-2019 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0