Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Instagram is really an enigma for me. I feel like if you want likes, you need to dedicate your page to one particular style (i.e. cars, workouts, food, art, etc.).

If anyone follows me @ajwhitt44, you'll see I only post a car photo maybe once every 15-20 photos. I like to take photos of the cool shit I see or experience in life. I love watches, clothes, cars, food and traveling...so my photos reflect all that stuff. Sometimes I get a bunch of likes from people I don't follow/never heard of....and I would attribute that to the hashtags properly.

But there are some people who post shitty stuff but have a crazy amount of followers and likes, so I don't know how that aspect of IG works.....do they pay for likes, just get lucky with exposure, or what?
Some people do pay for likes (pretty easy to spot when someone has like 20k followers and only around 100 likes per photo) but otherwise to get followers you just need to like other people's pics, leave comments, and the big one is get featured on other pages with a link back to yours. I once got featured on BMW's page and my phone was blowing up all day lol.