03-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
CeEl
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
28 F in the morning … no, did not drive it with the top down ;-) Did have top down in the parking lot, walked around it, etc. at both dealers I visited.

From what I could tell, the car is nicely sound & temperature insulated, there was no 'flapping' due to the soft top, no wind noise (drove for a couple miles on highway), etc.

Engine noise was great for the 4 cyl, I was very pleasantly surprised. Nice deep rumble (but very light, not pronounced, more like a deep continuous pur sound) and a bit of higher pitch when accelerating, but nothing like the burping and engine farts that my 35i had.

I was able to play a bit with the paddle shifters in manual mode and yes, they were nice, response was immediate as far as I could tell. I hardly use them in my daily driving though (only every now and then when passing) so I am probably not the best source of whether they are 'good' or not.

The red light auto engine shut off disables when in Sport (or was it sport plus?) mode, I liked that. The ride is noticeable stiffer and more uncomfortable in the sport modes than in the comfort mode. Driving on poor road was acceptable in comfort mode (given the type of car it is, it's not a Rolls Royce!).
Appreciate 0