View Single Post
      04-02-2019, 12:49 PM   #9
P1 PET
Major
Rep
Drives: BOX ON WHEELS

Couple weeks ago i went to my local dealer to test drive the base model which i am interested in but they only has a M40i and i was given the key for half a day. Initial impression was that it looks better in person than in pictures/videos online. It even reminds me of a smaller version of AMG GTC. The first time i saw and i knew right away that i like the styling of it. Interior quality, techs, HUD and dash layout is also the best in it's class imo. B58 engine is responsive as you would expect and ZF gearbox downshifts much faster than in my F30 i had before. I like the bubbles from exhaust with roof down and you get a few louder pops when going through high rpm and lift off the throttle, however i thought the pops and bangs in original X3 M40i was louder. Dealer explained me that the new Z4 M40i is fitted with PPF (due to new EU emission regulations bullshit) which makes the car sound a a bit quieter compared to original X3/X4 M40i models. Anyway, it is a fantastic car and i prefer it to M2, M3 or even M4 to be honest. It may not be the fastest or loudest, but it is a cool "sports car" in which you sit low with roof down and then let B58 do the talking. M40i US version is rated 3.9 secs 0 to 60 mph that's faster than Porsche 718 models and F-Type V6s. I have driven all these cars and i think Z4 M40i is the winner overall especially value for money and techs. "Overpriced" F-Type V6S (380bhp) was the loudest and best looking for me and wasn't impressed with cooled air Beetle sounding 718 Boxster S and Cayman although they feel lighter at the front and harsher ride like in real sports car. Whoever buys the new Z4 M40i will be happy with their choice and give this B58 JB4 or a stage 1 remap it will produce over 430+bhp and will shock many people in more expensive sports car.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50