2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
The ruling was the people bringing the case had no standing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
...there is certainly some precedent that would indicate that a private organization cannot sue the government in this sort of scenario...
These are arguably the most-relevant points in this thread topic. Allow me to quote from the SCOTUS order. Keep in mind, this order is a "concurring in part and dissenting in part" opinion by Justice Breyer.

(My emphasis added)

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...19a60_o75p.pdf

"Among the reasons is that the Government has made a sufficient showing at this stage that the plaintiffs have no cause of action to obtain review of the Acting Secretary's compliance with [laws regarding reallocating funds]."

"This case raises novel and important questions about the ability of private parties to enforce Congress' appropriations power."

THIS is the crux of this situation. These groups have no legal standing to even bring their case! This is just assholes looking gum up the works when they don't get their way. Legality and justice be damned.

Perhaps this is a good time to reflect back to the Obama era when Democrats jeered Republicans as "obstructionists" and a "do-nothing Congress." At the time, I told my liberal friends that there would be a day when it would be they that would support obstructing initiatives they didn't agree with. That day came sooner than they ever thought.