View Single Post
      09-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #48
auditorycanvas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedbay View Post
haha thank you and so cool you have yours already! I used to get to LA for business in my old job fairly often to Newport Beach or Irvine area but current gig doesn't get me there (yet). But might have to invent something as I love these grey cars! enjoy the amazing new car and thank you for the offer! - Ted

PS: mine in still "in the paint booth" so they must be putting 50 million layers of paint on this darn thing. or they are waiting for the paint to freeze..... doing my best to be patient but my last BMW order in 2007 took 3 months to get my M Coupe Z4 exactly as I wanted it in the color I had to have. Worth the wait (or so I tell myself!)
I spent last weekend doing the Dr. Beasley's coating. Got the whole $170 kit for $130 on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have to confess to just using a decent car wash on my previous 4 series, so this felt like a whole lot of work haha.

I bought a pressure washer, gave it a good clean with the Dr. Beasley's soap, then did the ceramic coating. Took a while to get it smear free, but the effort was worth it. Have since used the finisher too.

The ceramic coating did seem to add a subtle touch more satin to the finish, but I think that will fade as the coating ages a bit. It doesn't seem to hold dust quite as much as before, and water just beads and rolls off, so I'm really happy with it overall.

I do recommend getting very good quality applicator sponges, and microfiber cloths for the coating, unless you get the starter kit instead, which comes with everything else as well.

I have a really small surface scratch by the driver side door handle already. If it was a gloss finish it would polish out in 20 seconds, but with this finish, there's no way to remove it. So my only concern with this finish is trying to keep it scratch and nick free...Stone chips are going to be a complete nightmare.

I do not recommend this paint finish to anyone with OCD haha
Appreciate 0