Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Then why not call the category reflections?

I guess to further bring the point of the rule set, that should be explicitly defined.

For example...

The definitions have already been posted. Point is, those submissions are what the photographer has interpreted the meaning to be.

If the issue is that there's no image that contains a reflection, perhaps symmetry wasn't the correct theme to use for what your intentions were.

That being said, based on the rules, all the images are suitable IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Exactly- thank you! That's why I think virtually all the pictures submitted do fit the theme.
you guys crack me up.

there isn't something that says reflection has to be in it... I only was showing an example of how to capture symmetry with something NON symmetrical (something available to everyone).

My point is yes, most of these images submitted couldn't be folded in half somewhere in the photo and have a CLOSE (I'm not even saying it needs to be exact) symmetrical quality of each side. Do you want to have a contest that dictates what photos fit into it by following it's theme correctly or do you want a contest that the photos submitted dictate how loosely we follow the given theme because nobody gets it? Where does the line stop then? You can't pull the "Any interpretation of the theme that falls within Bimmerpost.com rules is welcome" card because in this case it's either symmetrical or its not, its not like "kind of symmetrical" - there is no such thing.

Just because 10 people submit photos that don't fit doesn't mean we should still allow them. Then what is the point of having any rules? If my pic is 801px by 800px should it then be included? If I don't have a title but a title is required should it be included? Where do we draw that line?

Plus what is the rush? I personally have no problem saying it was misunderstood so lets start over. Extend the contest so we are all on the same page as to what is acceptable and what isn't and all have a fair chance at submitting a photo that actually has some symmetry to it.

Whatever, that's my $.02, take it for what it's worth.
Appreciate 0