View Single Post
      07-12-2020, 09:44 AM   #25
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng77 View Post
And the most important is speaker placement. I follow rule of 1/3, Dolby and do corrections with arc. Just using everyday materials helps with room treatment: rugs and bookshelf. No matter what you need room correction: Arc anthem works great. I do the manual sweeps for my speaker placement
This goes without saying and if you're going to spend the time and effort to really focus on acoustics, speaker placement is a default.

While electronic room correction is definitely helpful, this should not be the primary method of fixing acoustical issues. A good room should be the foundation and then you build up from there.

I get many people don't have the ability/luxury to have a dedicated room or the ability to do things to their existing listening environment. With that in mind, one should set their budget and equipment choices accordingly. Spending money on a pair of $25k speakers is useless if you have a crap sounding room with crappy speaker placement. And why I associate crap sounding rooms and poor speaker placement is that they both usually go hand in hand. I've been in this hobby for decades and I've seen all sorts of pictures of terrible rooms with terrible speaker placements. So for many I've seen that have spent 5 figures on their speakers would have saved themselves thousands if they bought a speaker for a couple of thousand a pair. Because the net effect would have been the same. Many times it's all about online bragging right and cred.

In my dedicated room, I do use a couple of room correction devices: Velodyne and Meridian. But the net effect of these devices is to fine tune and dial in the last bit as my room has been acoustically treated and designed out to not be a square.
Appreciate 0