View Single Post
      07-21-2020, 02:30 PM   #26
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You know what, the Aston is a legit option. Lovely to look at etc and the prices are reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I don't necessarily mind big GT cruisers as weekend cars as they can still be special. I just think for that kind of money, the LC doesn't have the performance to match its price tag. It will be slower than your F80 if you're ok with that.

I was browsing through the forums while watching Hoovie's AM video. While the initial prices to buy are very reasonable, a clutch replacement on the AMV8 is $4k+ for just parts. Also saw a couple of threads about V12 rod bearing issues. As an owner of S54 and S65 powered vehicles, I don't have the patience to add another one of those

I think it's the case of when things are good, it's good. But when it's bad, it's safe to assume it'll be very expensive if it's not a common Ford part. Matt Farah said he dropped $2700 on handbrake cables for his Vanquish.

Agree with this. Astons are stunning to look at, but their reliability is terrible, there is no way I'd want to deal with that maintenance headache. The part costs alone would dissuade me, not from just the cost but the frequency of issues. I was watching Travarish's bootleg version of TopGear that they did for Youtube and the mechanic inspection on a 3 yr old car showed some serious faults.

Answer here is Porsche 2-seater, 911 is definitely on my radar in the near term.
Appreciate 0