Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
We must have driven different Mini's. I loved the R53, but the F series are just horrible. The 3 banger is actually better than the Cooper S and the JCW is barely better, none want to rev and seem to want to survive on mid range torque.

I prefer the size to my GTI, but the motor, suspension, brakes and handling are all wildly inferior.

I even tried driving used ones at CarMax just to make sure I wasn't just feeling green motors, but they all felt like they were breathing through restrictor plates.

Did I miss that you need rear seats? If not, Miata. If so BRZ, but be prepared to really hate that engine too. If I didn't need a backseat I'd have a 181 hp ND Miata tomorrow.

As for the 1er talk, I can't see one being a fun daily, but that's probably just influenced by my dislike of our departed N54 one. Heavy, one wheel drive, comical understeer, loud, ineffective brakes, goofball seating position. Not a fan.

I don't think we drove different mini's - I think we just have different opinions. I absolutely loved the new F series Mini and don't like the previous generations at all. To each their own, right? I think the new mini is just the right size and felt that the power and performance during everyday driving was spot on.

Seriously - the only reason I didn't get one is the reliability factor and that there is no Mini dealer in my town. If there was, I would own one.