11-29-2018, 04:49 PM   #29
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
What's not computing is that you make assumptions about people. I am a car guy that suffered a MAJOR back injury. I could not get in or out of a regular sized car for 3 years. I had to sell a Lotus and a GTI. I bought a Jeep in a rush so I could fit and get to places. After a long but partial recovery I can get into smaller cars. So, I bought an M3 and now want to sell the Jeep.

Hopefully that computes. And if it doesn't, don't add to the thread. And don't assume, ask.
Sorry to hear about your back injury. My point of what doesn't compute is you are going to by a $12K car to drive 80 miles round trip to a train station where all 20 daily miles (I'm assuming it's 10 miles each way) is on the freeway. So I can only assume that the entire 1 way commute to the train station is all of 15 minutes because most freeways in most major cities or near major cities are clogged with bumper to bumper traffic, but I'll assume your trip is not. If it was bumper to bumper traffic then it makes my assumption even greater, which how much "fun" can you have on a 15 minute, 10 mile freeway trip? If anything, a hemi-powered Grand Cherekoee would be the most fun vehicle for such a trip.

Getting something like a manual Ford Fiesta ST or a Focus ST (or better an RS) makes no sense to me.

That aside, I suggest BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe for $15K. Fun, easy to park, fuel efficient, bulletproof N52, and a nice manual trans.

Other than that, a used Bolt; great point-and-shoot capability, zero maintenance, easy on the back to get in and out, great headroom, and it's a nice hot hatch. Plus, no one will try to vanalize it or steal it, since it is a bland car and only has a 238 mile range and needs a charging station to refuel.

Hope you find something suitable.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-05-2018 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0