View Single Post
      08-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #466
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Let me just be clear from the beginning: Leclerc is very talented and there's nothing against his abilities.
Ferrari is unique in how they treat drivers and they are unique in their shady ways that is historically proven. You can go back to their treatment of Prost who joined them as a world champion and then they fired him. Even MSC was mistreated in his last season. The radio messages between Binotto and Vettel after last week's race clearly shows a fallout in the relationship between the team and Vettel.
Going back to Prost. The 1991 is very similar to this year's and last year's seasons. They were ambitious and thought they are going to win the championship by making little changes only but as soon as the station started they were hit with a big surprise. Ferrari accused Prost of trying to change Ferrari into McLaren and that same exact same was said by Elkann when he said Vettel wants Ferrari to make him a car that's aerodynamically similar to what he's used to (meaning Red Bull). Elkann said it in a way that sounded like the team will be there to help him with a car he's comfortable in but if the boss thinks the driver wants to change the team then it's easier to change the driver.
MSC, as well as being extremely talented, he was also lucky to have Todt. Alonso, Prost, and Vettel didn't have their "Todt" to protect them from Ferrari's mafia heirarchy.
Vettel is independent not like Leclerc. The relationship was doomed from the beginning and Leclerc and Vettel's performance only brought that dysfunctional relationship to the surface.
You mentioned he's not going off so he's not pushing? Last year he spun a million times because he was pushing and that made him a material of memes and jokes. But that's ok. Champions will always be criticized no matter what they do ��
no he is pushing.. thats why he is going off the track otherwise he wouldnt.. his spins are not though they re funny actually..

for Prost - Ferrari part.. i agree Schumi was in a better team.. but Prost somehow made his way by having a tension with Nigel pretty early and i believe the worst he did was criticizing Ferrari publicly.. it was an unrespectful thing and it was wrong really.. and historically again Ferrari was having problems with developing the car.. i totally agree with internal politics in Ferrari and it sucks.. and Italian media can be really harsh on Ferrari or drivers.. but Prost was somehow insulting the team by calling the car truck, there is no leader in the team, too much politics etc.. they can all be true but you dont tell such things to a team that you re in.. never been fan of Prost just because of the politics he played to Senna.. still i dont want to even see Prost on TV in Renault garage.. even if i be objective to Prost his actions were really wrong.. similar to what Alonso did.. and we know the story.. after he left McLaren got faster cause the system went back to normal..

but for Vettel.. except some tension with Leclerc things were ok.. i believe Vettel disappointed himself and Ferrari after that German GP and it keeps going downhill.. and more he pushes more he f'ed up.. but recent state at least half a second slower its ridiculous.. i highly believe almost entirely its psychological problems he is having in Ferrari recently..