View Single Post
      08-27-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I'm an IT project coordinator for a company that works with several school districts across New England. In short, it's a cluster fuck, for a variety of reasons. The main one being you are expecting government and town employees to come up with a solution and make quick decisions in a system that is full of red tape and people who have been doing the same thing for 40 years and don't want to change.

There are too many angles where the system is flawed, funding and unions being some of the big ones. Many schools simply don't have the budgets and staffing to do what is required. A lot of the smaller districts are unable to provide adequate technology since they have been relying on outdated tech for years, and other larger districts are running into spacing issues because normally having that many kids in a certain area was never a big deal.

Most of the districts I estimate 3 weeks before they completely shut down again, and in many cases that is being generous. I could literally write 15 pages of bullet points that are issues schools don't have good solutions for which will end up getting them closed again.
Appreciate 1
eluded3005.00